Public Health England, an executive agency of the Department of Health (We, Us or Our) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains what information we collect, how we use it and how you can delete it by un-registering from the All Kinds Of Minds website.
Collecting, Storing and Using Personal Data
All data entered from this site is captured via securely encrypted pages. Browsers display our security credentials using a padlock symbol; the exact format varies from browser to browser, but will look similar to:
- If you do not see a padlock symbol then do not enter any details and contact us.
- Sensitive details like passwords are stored in an encrypted form.
- All personal data is stored within the EU.
Browsing Data vs Personal Data
We make an important distinction between capturing and analysing general web traffic and your personal data that we store and process as a registered user.
- The first category collects data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, helping us to improve: our website, its content, features and general infrastructure performance. This type of data is collected by cookies and analysed with analytics software – no personal data is captured, this is aggregated data and does not identify any individual.
- The second category – registered users – does involve storing and processing of personal data in the form of your name, email address and town or city where you live. We use this for the purpose of:
- registering for our free training courses
- creating your course certificates
- obtaining feedback on the course and site in general
- providing us with some statistical data about why people use the site
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk. Cookies will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Cookies can help a website to arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
Types of cookies we use
- We use Session Cookies to provide security and carry information across pages of the Website and avoid you having to re-enter information; they are temporary and remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the Website.
- We use Persistent Cookies to help when you return to the Website so we can tailor content and the presentation of the Website to match your preferences; they also assist in compiling anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use the Website and so help us improve the structure of the Website. Persistent Cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of each specific cookie).
How to disable cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the Website if cookies are disabled. For detailed information on how to disable cookies for a particular desktop or mobile browser here is a useful article.
Deleting Your Account
You can delete you account at anytime which will remove all your personal data (name and email address).
Go to the My Courses page and at the bottom you will see the Delete My Account button.